Definitions and Interpretation
|Collectively all information that you submit to The Balchin Family Society via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Laws;
|Any applicable law relating to the processing of personal Data, including but not limited to the Directive 96/46/EC (Data Protection Directive) or the GDPR, and any national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation, for as long as the GDPR is effective within the United Kingdom;
|The General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/697;
|The Balchin Family Society, we or us
|The Balchin Family Society
|User or you
|Any third party that accesses the Website and is not engaged as a consultant or enabling provision of financial services.
|The Website that you are currently using, https://balchinfamily.uk, and any sub-domains unless expressly excluded by their own Terms and Conditions.
- The singular includes the plural and vice versa;
- A reference to a person includes The Balchin Family Society;
- “including” is understood to mean “including without limitation”;
- Reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment to it;
- For purposes of the applicable Data Protection Laws, the Website administrator is the “data controller”. This means that the Website administrator determines the purposes for which, and the manner in which, your data is processed.
How we collect Data
- We collect Data in the following ways:
- data is given to us from you; and
- data is collected automatically.
Data that is given to us by you
Data that is collected automatically
- To the extent that you access the Website, we will collect your Data automatically. We automatically collect some information about your visit to the Website. This information helps us make improvements to Website content and navigation, and includes your IP address, the date, times and frequency with which you access the Website and the way in which you use and interact with its content.
Keeping Data secure
- We use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your Data by storing your Data on secure servers.
- If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit getsafeonline.org. Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
- Even if we delete your Data, it may persist in backup or archival media for legal, tax or regulatory purposes.
- You have the following rights in relation to your Data:
- Right to access – the right to request (i) copies of the information that we hold about you at any time, or (ii) that we modify, update or delete such information. If we provide you with access to the information that we hold about you, we will not charge you for this, unless your request is “manifestly unfounded or excessive.” Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request. If we refuse your request, we will tell you the reason why.
- Right to correct – the right to have your Data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erase – the right to request that we delete or remove your Data from our systems.
- Right to restrict our use of your Data – the right to “block” us from using your Data or limit the way in which we can use it.
- Right to Data portability – the right to request that we move, copy or transfer your Data.
- Right to object – the right to object to our use of your Data including where we use it for our legitimate interests.
- To make enquiries, exercise any of your rights set out above, or withdraw your consent to the processing of your Data (where consent is our legal basis for processing your Data), please contact us via this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org .
- If you are not satisfied with the way a complaint you make in relation to your Data is handled by us, you may be able to refer your complaint to the relevant data protection authority. In the UK, this is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). The ICO’s contact details can be found on their website at https://ico.org.uk/.
- It is important that the Data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your Data changes during the period for which we hold it.
Links to other websites
- Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
- This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales. All disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
You may contact The Balchin Family Society by email at email@example.com.
To download a copy please follow the link:-